As you’ve probably noticed by now, there’s been a lot of changes here on my blog recently. To be honest with you, I was getting really tired of the old theme I had running. It was simply too compact in a way – not enough space to breathe. So, I decided to go with something more light and simple this time around.
I’m working on the theme “live” instead of doing it locally and then upload once it’s all done. So at this very moment, there are a lot of things that need to be done, which you can probably see. I’ll just write down some of the most important excerpts from my huge to-do list, just to prove that I’m not bullshitting. Here goes:
- The comment section need to be more clean (less elements) and a clear structure.
- All the type in the sidebar needs to be a lighter tone of grey, to separate it more from the content area.
- The post meta data (category, tags, number of comments etc.) should be placed in some sort of visually appealing bar underneath each post.
- Images that are within <a href></a> should NOT have a red underline!
- The page for search results should only display the titles of the posts that come up (this also goes for the overview of a specific month or category). Also, there needs to be more distance from the headline down to the search results.
- The calendar should have a clear division of the cells. I would also like to have a sketchy red circle around the current day. That would look awesome! Oh yeah, and I have to change the link color to something other than white, so yo can actually see the links in the calendar!
- A general background for the blog… A subtle structure or something like that. I’m not really sure yet. Just something that doesn’t disturb the content!
- And last but not least (in this list here) I must integrate my portfolio into my blog! That’s probably the biggest challenge, as I would need to write some php pages from scratch… Or at least that’s what I’m guessing.
Like I said, these are just some of the most important issues that I need to take care of. Then there should only be minor tweaks after that. Oooh the joy, hehe.
I would love to get some feedback should you have any – be it inspiration, tips & tricks for CSS/PHP or whatever. Let me know.